Hot off the press! My 16 year old niece just shared her Christmas wish list with me, and since she’s been spot on with teen/tween tastes and trends the past couple of years, I consider her list to be the ultimate guide to what teenage girls want these days! Since I know many of you are also wondering what they like this year, I thought I’d share this list to help you out! 11 from this year’s list plus 5 more favorites/pre-requisites below. Happy shopping and Happy Holidays!! 😊
November 16, 2021 update – I’ve updated all the links below and all these items are still popular, and I’ve also created a new gift guide for 2021 with a few new trends for the year!
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for details. 🌸
- Oversized Sweatshirts – For that casual yet cool look, oversized sweatshirts like this one from Nike on her list, available at Nordstrom and at Dick’s Sporting Goods, are essential. She also likes this Brandy Melville hoodie. Nike and Brandy Melville items are popular in general!
- Instant Cameras – Instant cameras are fun for teen girls to capture and share casual moments with each other. My niece has a wall full of instant camera pictures that looks pretty cool. The Fuji Instax Mini is popular and the Canon Instant Camera Printer has a pretty pink version.
- Bullet Journals – A lot of teen girls are into bullet journaling these days, and if she’s into journaling at all, she will probably love the beautiful and very high quality ones from Archer & Olive. This is the third year in a row that I’ve bought one for my niece! If you haven’t tried them yet, you can get 10% off your first purchase through my Archer & Olive discount link. On Amazon, the bullet journals from Scribbles That Matter are also very high quality and come in a variety of fun colors and design.
- Trendy Sneakers – Nike sneakers continue to be popular, such as this high-top style Nike Women’s Blazer Mid ’77 (Nordstrom) that’s on her list. Of course, the white Nike Air Force I sneakers (at Nike or at Nordstrom, but colors and sizing may be more limited) are still very popular!
- Small Designer Accessories – such as this Kate Spade Card Holder Wristlet (Nordstrom) on her list. I’m personally eyeing this Tory Burch wallet for myself!
- Jade Face Roller (Amazon) – Jade race rollers are so popular now, and this pink version is so pretty! I’m not sure if a 16 year old girl with perfect skin really needs a jade facial roller, but I’m not here to judge the list!
- Lululemon Yoga Mat – yes, yoga is trendy among teens these days. Also, anything from Lululemon, such as this popular hooded jacket, will be a hit.
- Converse Sneakers (Amazon) – She has both the low tops and the high tops on her list! I’ve seen so many stylish women wearing Converse low tops and high tops lately that I’m actually considering them myself…
- “Oversized graphic tees/long sleeves/hoodies“ – Oversized tees and sweatshirts are a perennial favorite, and Urban Outfitters are a favorite among the tween/teen crowd. Lately, they seem to particularly like t-shirts of music bands/groups from the 70s and 80s… (The cute shirt with flowers that I bought for myself (because I love flowers of course) is sold out, but there are many other options available!)
- Rosebud Salve/Lip Balm – ohh I think I need some of these myself too! Anything that smell like roses is automatically on my list. This would make a great stocking stuffer!
- Hair accessories – Scrunchies (a 12-pack because a teen girl can never have too many scrunchies!), invisibobble spiral hair ties, and hair claw clips (such as this classic style from Revlon or these trendy matte ones) for that effortlessly cool look – these all make great stocking stuffers!
*Important note – this list is for girls that ALREADY have the pre-requisite staples of teen/tween girls these days, including these VSCO girl must-haves: a hydro flask mug, a Kanken backpack, Pura Vida bracelets, and Birkenstock sandals. If she doesn’t have these yet, she probably wants them also.
So there you have it – 11 gift ideas for teens/tweens this year, plus the “pre-requisites”. I hope you’re able to find something she likes and that you have a very Merry Christmas this year!
p.s. I also have a post on easy and eco-friendly gift wrapping ideas to help with your gift wrapping!
Hi, I’m Pansy!
Hello, thanks for stopping by! I’m Pansy, California-based travel + lifestyle blogger, photographer and lover of ALL the pretty flowers! If you browse through my blog, you may notice that most of my travels, DIY and photography center around flowers and nature! 🌸🌼🌿
In addition to this blog, I also create journals & activity books. More info on my website at Fleurette Press!
I hope you found this post useful, and I hope you have a wonderful day!