Hot off the press! My 16 year old niece just shared her Christmas wish list with me, and since she’s been spot on with teen/tween tastes and trends the past couple of years, I consider her list to be the ultimate guide to what teenage girls want these days! Since I know many of you are also wondering what they like this year, I thought I’d share this list to help you out! 11 from this year’s list plus 5 more favorites/pre-requisites below. Happy shopping and Happy Holidays!! 😊
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for details.
- Oversized Sweatshirts – For that casual yet cool look, oversized sweatshirts like this one from Nike on her list, available at Nordstrom and at Dick’s Sporting Goods, are essential. She also likes this Brandy Melville hoodie. Nike and Brandy Melville items are popular in general!
- Canon Ivy CLIQ+2 Instant Camera Printer (Amazon) – a camera and instant photo sticker printer in one! Wow, what teenage girl wouldn’t want this?
- Bullet Journals – A lot of teen girls are into bullet journaling these days, and if she’s into journaling at all, she will probably love the beautiful and very high quality ones from Archer & Olive. This is the third year in a row that I’ve bought one for my niece! If you haven’t tried them yet, you can get 15% off your first purchase through my Archer & Olive discount link. On Amazon, the bullet journals from Scribbles That Matter are also very high quality and come in a variety of fun colors and design.
- Trendy Sneakers – Nike continues to be popular, such as this high-top style Nike Women’s Blazer Mid ’77 (Nordstrom) that’s on her list, also available from Amazon. Of course, the Nike Air Force I sneakers (Nordstrom) are still very popular, as are chunkier style and space-age style sneakers like these Puma RS-X3 sneakers (Nordstrom).
- Small Designer Accessories – such as this Kate Spade Card Holder Wristlet (Nordstrom) on her list. I’m personally eyeing this Tory Burch card case for myself!
- Jade Face Roller (Amazon) – Jade race rollers are so popular now, and this pink version is so pretty! I’m not sure if a 16 year old girl with perfect skin really needs a jade facial roller, but I’m not here to judge the list!
- Lululemon Yoga Mat – yes, yoga is trendy among teens these days! Also, anything from Lululemon, such as this popular jacket, will probably be a hit.
- Converse Sneakers (Amazon) – She has both the low tops and the high tops on her list! I’ve seen so many stylish women wearing Converse low tops and high tops lately that I’m actually considering them myself…
- “oversized graphic tees/long sleeves/hoodies“ – direct quote from her list. These seem to be perennial favorites. The cute shirt with flowers that I bought for myself (because I love flowers of course) is sold out, but there are many other options available!
- Rosebud Salve/Lip Balm (Amazon) – ohh I think I need some of these myself too! Anything that smell like roses is automatically on my list.
- Hair accessories – Scrunchies (a 12-pack because a teen girl can never have too many scrunchies. I actually have this big blush-toned set myself!), invisibobble spiral hair ties, and hair claw clips for that effortlessly cool look (all from Amazon) – these all make great stocking stuffers!
*Important note – this list is for girls that ALREADY have the pre-requisite staples of teen/tween girls these days, including these five VSCO girl must-haves: a hydro flask mug, a Kanken backpack, Pura Vida bracelets, and Birkenstock sandals. If she doesn’t have these yet, she probably wants them also.
So there you have it – 11 gift ideas for teens/tweens this year, plus 5 more “pre-requisites”. I hope you’re able to find something she likes and that you have a very Merry Christmas this year!
p.s. I also have a post on easy and eco-friendly gift wrapping ideas to help with your gift wrapping!
Hi, I’m Pansy!
Hello, thanks for stopping by! I’m Pansy, California-based travel + lifestyle blogger, photographer and lover of ALL the pretty flowers! If you browse through my blog, you may notice that most of my travels, DIY and photography center around flowers and nature! 🌸🌼🌿
I hope you found this post useful, and I hope you have a wonderful day!